Giving Compass’ Take:
• Mashable highlights 10 children’s books aimed to inspire and teach kids on women’s rights for Women’s History Month.
• How can we foster equal rights education through children’s books?
• Learn about education’s female trailblazers.
March is Women’s History Month and National Reading Month, which means it’s the perfect time to curl up with your little one and read books about women’s achievements and contributions in music, politics, science, and more. By learning about these success, they’ll have an easier time envisioning their own.
Here are 10 children’s books that will inspire young readers, no matter their age, to advocate for themselves, stand up for women’s rights, and follow their dreams, whether that involves a pair of ballet shoes, a calculator, or a seat on the Supreme Court.
- A Computer Called Katherine: How Katherine Johnson Helped Put America on the Moon. By Suzanne Slade, Illustrated by Veronica Miller Jamison
- A Is for Awesome!: 23 Iconic Women Who Changed the World. By Eva Chen, Illustrated by Derek Desierto
- Brave Ballerina: The Story of Janet Collins. By Michelle Meadows, Illustrated by Ebony Glenn
- Gloria Takes a Stand: How Gloria Steinem Listened, Wrote, and Changed the World. By Jessica M. Rinker, Illustrated by Daria Peoples-Riley
- I am Sonia Sotomayor. By Brad Meltzer, Illustrated by Christopher Eliopoulos
- Little Dreamers: Visionary Women Around the World. By Vashti Harrison
- Secret Engineer: How Emily Roebling Built the Brooklyn Bridge. By Rachel Dougherty
- She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World. By Chelsea Clinton, Illustrated by Alexandra Boiger
- Voice of Freedom: Fannie Lou Hamer: The Spirit of the Civil Rights Movement. By Carole Boston Weatherford, Illustrated by Ekua Holmes
- What Is the Women’s Rights Movement? By Deborah Hopkinson, Illustrated by Laurie A. Conley
Read the full article on 10 children’s books to inspire young people for Women’s History Month by Victoria Rodriguez at Mashable
Interested in learning more about Women and Girls? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Women and Girls.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Education, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Education.