Giving Compass’ Take:
• Teachers are in a position to make an immense impact on student outcomes. Rewarding effective teaching methods financially can help to drive student success.
• Which of these methods works with your education goals? How can these methods be implemented on a large scale to make progress for students?
• How do financial incentives work in the context of the United States, where teacher salaries have been declining for years?
1. Salary supplements for reaching more students:
In Cabarrus County, N.C., Lori Treiber and Scott Nolt are blended-learning teachers at Central Cabarrus High School and Jay M. Robinson High School, respectively, in the Cabarrus County School District. Each uses a mix of in-person teaching and online learning—either at home or school—to reach twice as many students within a specific class period as they would otherwise.
2. Multiple roles with public funding:
CICS West Belden focuses on ensuring that all students receive consistent, high-quality instruction and have strong, caring relationships with multiple adults at school through a combination of small-group instruction, online learning, and four main teaching roles: instructional coach, mentor teacher, career teacher, and resident teacher.
3. Team teaching and coaching:
Intrinsic Schools’ staffing arrangement aims to give students personalized instruction and supportive relationships from multiple adults, while fostering teacher development through co-teaching.
4. Higher pay for multi-classroom leaders:
Multi-classroom leaders (MCLs) extend the reach of their excellent teaching to more students by leading small teaching teams.
Read the full article about amplifying teacher impact by Thomas Arnett and Luis Flores at Christensen Institute.
Interested in learning more about K-12 Education? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to K-12 Education.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and connect with others interested in the topic of Funding, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Funding, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Funding.