Giving Compass’ Take:
• Julia Wu, writing for B the Change, discusses five lessons that leaders who have purpose-driven businesses shared at The Heart Series conference.
• How will these lessons help other business leaders move forward into socially-oriented work?
• Read more about how having a purpose can make an impact.
The Heart Series is an annual conference focused on business and bettering the world. Leaders from across the United States gather to exchange best practices, find inspiration, gain new knowledge, and channel their creativity, all while connecting with other top execs.
Here are five big ideas discussed at the Heart Series 2019 that all conscious business leaders can apply to their work to stay on course and better the world.
- “Doing good in the world should be a cost of entry for businesses, not a trend.”
- “We should be able to do well and do good. It doesn’t have to be a dichotomy.”
- “Take risks. Know there will be critics. Take a stand anyway, and put money behind it.”
- “Don’t underestimate the power of storytelling.”
- “Life is short. Do what matters.” And let’s do it together!
Read the full article about lessons from leaders of purpose-driven businesses by Julia Wu at B the Change.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Corp Giving and CSR, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Corp Giving and CSR.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Corp Giving and CSR take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.