Giving Compass’ Take:
• Julia Wu, writing for B the Change, discusses five lessons that leaders who have purpose-driven businesses shared at The Heart Series conference.
• How will these lessons help other business leaders move forward into socially-oriented work?
• Read more about how having a purpose can make an impact.
The Heart Series is an annual conference focused on business and bettering the world. Leaders from across the United States gather to exchange best practices, find inspiration, gain new knowledge, and channel their creativity, all while connecting with other top execs.
Here are five big ideas discussed at the Heart Series 2019 that all conscious business leaders can apply to their work to stay on course and better the world.
- “Doing good in the world should be a cost of entry for businesses, not a trend.”
- “We should be able to do well and do good. It doesn’t have to be a dichotomy.”
- “Take risks. Know there will be critics. Take a stand anyway, and put money behind it.”
- “Don’t underestimate the power of storytelling.”
- “Life is short. Do what matters.” And let’s do it together!
Read the full article about lessons from leaders of purpose-driven businesses by Julia Wu at B the Change.
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on Corp Giving and CSR take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Corp Giving and CSR, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.