Giving Compass’ Take:
• Basil Sadiq, writing for VolunteerMatch, explains how volunteers should prepare when interviewing with service organizations.
• How can volunteers find opportunities to interview? What are the best ways for volunteers to network?
• Here are six ways to find high-quality volunteers.
Whether through a job interview, a business deal, or simply a first interaction, you may have noticed: the first impression always counts. When talking specifically about volunteer interviews, there’s one important trait that will always impress: your motivation.
Because volunteering is unpaid, applicants will have different and various reasons for applying. The recruiter will likely count motivation as one of the heaviest factors when it comes to allowing an applicant to join their mission.
Remember that depending on the volunteer job requirements, different organizations and volunteer positions will have varying levels of interview and screening processes. Regardless, it’s good to be prepared! In this post, I’ll share insightful tips to highlight your motivation in front of a recruiter or volunteer manager.
If you follow these guidelines correctly, you’ll begin volunteering in no time:
- Do Your Homework: Research their mission, work, and culture.
- Present Previous Volunteering Experience: Ensure that you mention your previous involvements, as this will give you added points in the recruiter’s eyes.
- Share Your Genuine Reasons: To make a good impression, you’ll need to show absolute honesty.
- Ask Questions: Tell you more about the volunteer position
Impress the interviewer by showcasing involvement and curiosity
- Be Positive: Positivity is an influencing factor for getting a job quicker.
Read the full article by Basil Sadiq about volunteer interviews by Basil Sadiq at VolunteerMatch.
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on Volunteering take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
Volunteering is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Volunteering.