Scientists are certain that as the impacts of a warming atmosphere bite harder, small islands will be the first to suffer as a result of rising seas or more intense storms. Expect the host Fijians to ram this message home at COP23.
9 things to look out for at COP23:
- The UK-Canada alliance against coal.
- Policing climate action: Talks on a Paris Agreement rule book kick off again this week.
- Polluters in court: Climate litigation is now a thing.
- Attributing extreme weather to greenhouse gases: It is now possible to quantitatively determine the contribution of individual countries to global mean temperature change.
- Pre-2020 action: We know we need to bend the curve of emissions by 2020.
- Poland and the Talanoa Dialogue: Does the world really want Poland to be guiding global climate talks through 2018?
- The (Trump who?) US pavilion: State leaders have stepped in to fund a vast pavilion on the edges of the talks.
- The Macron Factor: Can France’s youthful leader in tandem with Canada’s Trudeau offer genuine leadership on climate?
- Oil prices: OPEC is contemplating a rise to $60–70 a barrel.
Read the full article on COP23 by Ed King at ImpactAlpha
Since you are interested in Impact Investing, have you read these selections from Giving Compass related to impact giving and Impact Investing?
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Climate, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.