Giving Compass’ Take:
• Here are three key takeaways from the Global Goal: Unite for Our Future Summit that brought together thought leaders who made pledges and commitments to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
• What global opportunities can you direct your charitable giving toward in respond to COVID-19?
Activists, experts, world leaders, artists, and more took part in Global Goal: Unite for Our Future — The Summit on Saturday to make pledges and join conversations around COVID-19, racial injustice, and the impact the pandemic is having on marginalized communities.
Taking place ahead of the highly anticipated Global Goal: Unite for Our Future — The Concert, the virtual summit event not only showcased a number of impressive speakers, moving stories, and incredible global health initiatives, but it acted as a platform for commitments to be made toward global COVID-19 relief efforts.
Here are just a few of the key takeaways from the summit event.
- There Were Some Amazing Conversations The summit featured a number of videos highlighting global health efforts, stories of activism, and so much more, including messages and interviews with European Commission President Ursula von den Leyen; actor and activist Nikolaj Coster Waldau; and actor, comedian, and licensed physician Ken Jeong. The event’s conversations were moderated by journalists Katie Couric, Mallika Kapur, Morgan Radford, Isha Sesay, and Keir Simmons.
- Messages of Solidarity Flooded in From Around the World There were moments of global solidarity as leaders from countries around the world shared messages regarding the fight against COVID-19. This idea that countries are willing to join together in the response to COVID-19 and in the face of injustice is at the very core of Global Goal: Unite for Our Future, and the idea was echoed throughout the summit.
- A Total of $6.9 Billion Was Pledged to COVID-19 Relief Commitments and pledges from world leaders, corporations, foundations, philanthropists, and NGOs were announced throughout the summit, but it wasn’t until Sesay, Evans, and von der Leyen announced the total tally that the true impact of the campaign was revealed.
Read the full article about global health initiatives by Jackie Marchildon at Global Citizen.
Funding is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in Coronavirus is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to Coronavirus.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Coronavirus, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.