Giving Compass’ Take:
• Robin Hicks, writing for Eco-Business, describes the 10 reasons for climate optimism that Assaad Razzouk, chief executive of Singapore-based renewables firm Sindicatum, discusses in his podcast, Angry Clean Energy Guy.
• How can donors help spread awareness about climate optimism? How might this perspective help people cope with the current state of climate change?
Last week, a report from the World Meteorological Organisation found that the world is warming faster than previously believed, and could warm by between three to five degrees Celsius by the end of the century—that’s almost three times the goal set by the Paris climate agreement.
But amid the doom and gloom, there are reasons for us to be optimistic. Even Assaad Razzouk, the usually downbeat chief executive of Singapore-based renewables firm Sindicatum, has started to believe there is hope for the planet. On his podcast Angry Clean Energy Guy, recorded on Thursday, Razzouk highlighted 10 reasons for climate optimism. Those reasons are as follows:
- Climate action is intensifying
- Oil and gas prices capital costs are rising
- Renewables costs are still falling
- Transport is going electric—fast
- Climate litigation
- Banks are waking up to the climate reality
- The war on plastic
- Peak emissions
- Citizen activism
Clilmate solutions are available, and slowly but surely, they are being implemented, and soon they will be as ubiquitous as our mobile phones, he said.
Read the full article about climate optimism by Robin Hicks at Eco-Business.
Climate is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Clean Energy, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
Clean Energy is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Clean Energy.