Giving Compass’ Take:
• Susan McPherson, writing for GlobalGiving, describes trends within corporate social responsibility as the practice continues to grow.
• McPherson mentions that “time’s up on diversity and inclusion goals.” Does this mean companies will now be more accountable for achieving those goals instead of just talking about it?
As corporate responsibility continues to mature, one of the key shifts we’ve seen in recent years is a move toward “values.” A company’s approach to impact is a reflection of that company’s values—and the values of its customers, employees and (increasingly) investors.
It’s a shift that has been accelerated by the current political climate, in which companies have had to publicly stand up—both individually and collaboratively—for values like inclusion, empathy, and environmental preservation in the face of questionable policy decisions.
The result? Responsibility, humanity, and impact are now more entrenched than ever in the corporate sector—and I am confident that this is not a passing trend.
I reached out to experts who are in the thick of this work to gather their insights on how corporate responsibility will continue to evolve in 2019. Here’s what they had to say.
- Investor interest in ESG will continue to swell.
- As investors continue to prioritize impact, measurement becomes a competitive advantage.
- Impact is here to stay in the boardroom.
- Time’s up on meeting diversity and inclusion goals.
- Employees take the wheel.
- It’s the age of radical transparency.
- Companies must step up to address the opportunity gap.
Read the full article about corporate social responsibility by Susan McPherson at GlobalGiving.
Corp Giving and CSR is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Are you ready to give?
Corp Giving and CSR is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Corp Giving and CSR.