Giving Compass’ Take:
• The Philanthropic Initiative discusses the challenges and opportunities in international philanthropy, from climate change to human rights.
• With distance and cultural differences often obstacles, how can funders feel confident in their strategies? The steps suggested here are basic, but important.
Donors of all shapes and sizes are recognizing that the most pressing problems facing communities around the world today are complex, multifaceted, and often interconnected, including issues such as human rights, climate change, poverty, health, forced migration, refugees, human trafficking, peace and security. As a result, more donors are seeking ways to address issues that impact their local communities and communities halfway around the globe.
Donors often struggle with being “an inch deep and a mile wide” in their giving. Finding your philanthropic focus may seem daunting for both new and seasoned donors alike, especially in an international context. Breaking the process down into simple, defined steps can help get you started:
- Consider Your Values and Passions
- Mind the Gaps and Needs
- Balance Your Head and Your Heart
- Imagine the Change You Want to Support
- Learn, Get Support, and Collaborate
Read the full article about international philanthropy by Maggi Alexander at The Philanthropic Initiative.
Interested in learning more about Impact Philanthropy? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Impact Philanthropy.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Impact Philanthropy, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
Impact Philanthropy is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Impact Philanthropy.