Giving Compass’ Take:
• The Philanthropic Initiative discusses the challenges and opportunities in international philanthropy, from climate change to human rights.
• With distance and cultural differences often obstacles, how can funders feel confident in their strategies? The steps suggested here are basic, but important.
Donors of all shapes and sizes are recognizing that the most pressing problems facing communities around the world today are complex, multifaceted, and often interconnected, including issues such as human rights, climate change, poverty, health, forced migration, refugees, human trafficking, peace and security. As a result, more donors are seeking ways to address issues that impact their local communities and communities halfway around the globe.
Donors often struggle with being “an inch deep and a mile wide” in their giving. Finding your philanthropic focus may seem daunting for both new and seasoned donors alike, especially in an international context. Breaking the process down into simple, defined steps can help get you started:
- Consider Your Values and Passions
- Mind the Gaps and Needs
- Balance Your Head and Your Heart
- Imagine the Change You Want to Support
- Learn, Get Support, and Collaborate
Read the full article about international philanthropy by Maggi Alexander at The Philanthropic Initiative.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Impact Philanthropy, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Impact Philanthropy.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Impact Philanthropy is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Impact Philanthropy.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Impact Philanthropy, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Impact Philanthropy.