Giving Compass’ Take:
• The author provides advice for those who do not know where to start when encouraging employees to participate in charitable giving at work.
• What kind of charitable giving programs see the most success in corporate settings?
• Read about the efforts of Canadian tech companies to give back.
Employees engaging in charitable giving score a win for everyone involved — the charitable cause gets donations, the employee donor gets satisfaction, and your business gets boosted morale and positive attention.
There are so many ways to encourage employees to give that businesses can feel the pressure when coming up with a plan. If you’re not sure how to start, take these five simple steps to encourage a healthy environment of charitable giving at your business:
- Institute an employee giving program.
- Educate your team about charitable giving.
- Highlight simple giving channels.
- Give your time as a team.
- Recognize charitable employees.
Energizing your business toward charitable giving begins with consideration for your employees. By offering easy in-house giving options and providing clear guidelines for your team, you set everyone up for success. Once everyone’s on board, encouragement and friendly competition will help keep the success going, as long as you facilitate it.
Read the full article about how to boost charitable giving by Adam Weinger on Business 2 Community
Since you are interested in Corporate Social Responsibility, have you read these selections from Giving Compass related to impact giving and Corporate Social Responsibility?
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and connect with others interested in the topic of Corporate Social Responsibility, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Corporate Social Responsibility, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.