Giving Compass’ Take:
· Writing for Fast Company, Suzanne DiBianca explains the importance of creating a carbon-neutral future and provides four easy steps for businesses to lead the way.
· How can donors help reduce the impact of climate change? Why is it important for businesses to step-up on this issue and adopt ‘green’ techniques?
· Learn more about the role of businesses in building a better, healthier world.
Climate change poses an increasingly urgent threat to us all–every individual, company, city, and nation. Its effects are compounded in the world’s poorest regions, amplifying global inequality.
The longer it takes to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, the more extreme the climate impacts will become: from rising sea levels to forest fires and extreme weather patterns. The world needs action now, leaving us with a collective responsibility to scale up our actions and move faster to protect our planet for future generations. Every business can contribute by committing to a carbon neutral future and taking steps now to dramatically reduce their emissions.
Driving carbon neutrality not only mitigates climate change, it also makes good business sense. It can help to reduce energy costs, boost efficiency, and attract talent to a company.
Now is the time for business leaders to lead the charge in building a carbon-neutral world. Here are four steps to get started:
- STEP 1: Acknowledge your company’s environmental impact
- STEP 2: Create a North Star—and a viable roadmap to get there
- STEP 3: Embed this strategy company-wide
- STEP 4: Collaborate with others
Read the full article about preparing your business for a carbon-neutral future by Suzanne DiBianca at Fast Company.
Advocacy and Policy is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Advocacy and Policy is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Advocacy and Policy.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Advocacy and Policy, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Advocacy and Policy.