Giving Compass’ Take:
• The Rockefeller Foundation President, Rajiv Shah shares how the foundation will continue to grow and shape philanthropic giving within health, food, power, and job industries to keep providing access and services that are needed to prosper.
• How can other foundations adopt the same approach as the Rockefeller?
• Read an interview with Shah in which he reflects on the challenges that the foundation has faced over the years in the philanthropic sector.
As we celebrate the Rockefeller Foundations’s 105th birthday and look back on more than a century of philanthropic innovation and impact, I’d like to share with you how we plan to continue to shape the future.
Today, we live in a time that feels fractured. In this moment, it’s easy to be pessimistic about the future. Yet at Rockefeller, we believe more strongly than ever in humanity’s capacity to solve the toughest challenges.
It is simply unacceptable that in a world capable of so much, there are still so many with so little hope.
That is why, as we move into a new era, we will accelerate breakthrough solutions in health, food, power, and jobs to ensure the benefits of progress and prosperity are shared by all.
- HEALTH: By bringing digital tools to community health, and building on our recent efforts to promote universal health coverage, we will work to reduce child and maternal deaths by millions
- FOOD: We will reach hundreds of millions of children and families with nourishing food while improving the sustainability of the global food system.
- POWER: By building public-private partnerships to extend productive power to those without sufficient access, we will leverage the progress to help end energy poverty.
- U.S. JOBS: By leveraging policy opportunities and building unique public-private partnerships — such as our work on portable benefits for the gig economy or unlocking new potential through Opportunity Zones.
- CITIES: By continuing to advance 100 Resilient Cities we will catalyze a global urban resilience movement that changes how cities plan and act in the face of devastating storms, a warming planet, and other shocks and stresses.
Read the full article about Rockefeller Foundation progress forward by Dr. Rajiv J. Shah at Medium
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on Civil Society take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and connect with others interested in the topic of Civil Society, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Civil Society, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.