Giving Compass’ Take:
• The Rockefeller Foundation President, Rajiv Shah shares how the foundation will continue to grow and shape philanthropic giving within health, food, power, and job industries to keep providing access and services that are needed to prosper.
• How can other foundations adopt the same approach as the Rockefeller?
• Read an interview with Shah in which he reflects on the challenges that the foundation has faced over the years in the philanthropic sector.
As we celebrate the Rockefeller Foundations’s 105th birthday and look back on more than a century of philanthropic innovation and impact, I’d like to share with you how we plan to continue to shape the future.
Today, we live in a time that feels fractured. In this moment, it’s easy to be pessimistic about the future. Yet at Rockefeller, we believe more strongly than ever in humanity’s capacity to solve the toughest challenges.
It is simply unacceptable that in a world capable of so much, there are still so many with so little hope.
That is why, as we move into a new era, we will accelerate breakthrough solutions in health, food, power, and jobs to ensure the benefits of progress and prosperity are shared by all.
- HEALTH: By bringing digital tools to community health, and building on our recent efforts to promote universal health coverage, we will work to reduce child and maternal deaths by millions
- FOOD: We will reach hundreds of millions of children and families with nourishing food while improving the sustainability of the global food system.
- POWER: By building public-private partnerships to extend productive power to those without sufficient access, we will leverage the progress to help end energy poverty.
- U.S. JOBS: By leveraging policy opportunities and building unique public-private partnerships — such as our work on portable benefits for the gig economy or unlocking new potential through Opportunity Zones.
- CITIES: By continuing to advance 100 Resilient Cities we will catalyze a global urban resilience movement that changes how cities plan and act in the face of devastating storms, a warming planet, and other shocks and stresses.
Read the full article about Rockefeller Foundation progress forward by Dr. Rajiv J. Shah at Medium
Interested in learning more about Philanthropy? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Philanthropy.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Civil Society is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Civil Society.
Are you ready to give?
Civil Society is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Civil Society.