Giving Compass’ Take:
• Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors lists three lessons from the Rockefeller philanthropic legacy that could apply to today’s donors, including the importance of collaboration.
• How many of these values are we incorporating into our giving strategy? How might they be modernized?
The Rockefeller legacy helped usher our society into a new wave of modern philanthropy focused on the belief that with wealth comes responsibility to improve the lives of others. While their giving traditions were established over 150 years ago, modern philanthropists can still learn from their values and giving strategy.
Interested in learning more about Impact Philanthropy? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Impact Philanthropy.
1. Reassess and readapt giving plans to meet the changing needs of the public
In today’s world, things are changing faster than ever and philanthropy is evolving with it. In the interest of maintaining a relevant and effective giving plan, donors should regularly reassess their projects and make updates if appropriate.
2. Encourage and involve the next generation of philanthropists
Since then, philanthropy has been an enduring cornerstone of the Rockefeller family values passed down to each generation. Rockefellers have continually taught their children the importance of giving back by involving them in projects or allocating them the resources to launch their own.
3. Collaborate for greater impact
By pooling their resources, younger generations have an opportunity to forge deeper relationships while discovering new ways to increase their projects’ effectiveness.
Read the full article on timeless lessons for donors at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Family Philanthropy, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Family Philanthropy, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.