CURRENT OPPORTUNITY: MANAGING DIRECTOR / GENERAL MANAGER
Are you passionate about media for good? Do you thrive in moving organizations from early to mid-stage startups? Do you want to be a part of the purpose economy? Come join us!
Giving Compass, launched in 2017, is aggregating the resources that donors crave to increase the impact of their giving. Americans give $400B per year to support a wide range of causes, and over 70% of those dollars are directed by individuals. But are we getting the full value for society from those contributions? Eighty-five percent of donors say they care about impact, but only 32% do research before giving, and only 9% compare organizations. Donors find it difficult to access the information, tools, and support to inform their decisions about how and where to give. We help donors who are making significant contributions and want to give with impact. In the US there are nearly 10M households with an annual income above $150,000 year and over 75% of them give to nonprofit organizations. We harness the best of technology and blend with the knowledge of the social sector to help donors learn about what works, explore new ways of giving, and deepen their ability to give with impact.
We value diversity, open & honest communications, agility, customer centricity, collaboration, and we are data-driven. We offer excellent benefits, a fun work environment, competitive compensation and extraordinary opportunities for growth and making a positive impact on society.
Managing Director/General Manager
Giving Compass seeks a Managing Director/GM who brings deep expertise in the publishing side of the media business with a focus on digital media outlets. We strive to expand the reach of the donor education and social sectors, driving traffic and market penetration in our target audience and connecting them to the deep content and resources we are aggregating. Giving Compass also is building a suite of software tools such as Giving Planner (www.givingplanner.org) to support our mission and our sustainability, which could lead to becoming a SaaS provider.
Qualified candidates have:
- demonstrated experience delivering at least six figure audience growth in the consumer space
- strategic thinker, ability to delve deeply into target audience mindset and behaviors to drive strategy
- proven leadership and management skills, guiding teams to achieve individual and shared goals
- hunger to learn about philanthropy and the social sector; passion for our mission of driving more resources to more good
- entrepreneurial mindset, comfort and experience in startup environment in young organizations
- bonus points if you have experience overseeing the development and launch of digital products with B2B2C strategies
- build and oversee editorial, product, marcomm, customer support staff to drive our growth strategy
- lean startup, which means you also will roll up your sleeves to do the work, in particular leading enterprise sales and participating in the day to day activities related to digital media marketing and product development
- manage operations, finances, human resources, and legal functions for $2.5M organization
- oversee segment, market, and competitive research—both qualitative and quantitative—to better understand full-funnel marketing trends and apply key learning to new initiatives
- accountable for audience growth, traffic quality, user engagement, retention and conversion rates, and user satisfaction (NPS)
- develop the Giving Compass brand; identify new opportunities to use content to engage with our audience and position Giving Compass as a thought leader in the space; conduct industry research to support these efforts
How to apply
Letter, resume, and collateral demonstrating accomplishments (links to digital properties you have grown) to Bruce Waxman, Waxman Group (Bruce at thewaxmangroup.com).