Animal Grantmakers is an affinity group of foundations and organizations making grants to benefit animals. This diverse group of philanthropists works locally, regionally, nationally and internationally on issues involving companion animals, captive and free-ranging wildlife, farmed animals and animals used in research, among others.
The 2019 Animal Grantmakers Conference will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota October 20-23 at the Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot. Conference Registration Deadline is October 1, 2019.
Join leading experts and fellow funders at the Animal Grantmakers 20th Annual Conference. Our four-day Minneapolis conference will be an exceptional opportunity to network with peers and share insights with scientists, academics, advocates and other change-makers on the latest trends and victories in our field. You will also have the opportunity to:
- Accompany us on one of three field trips to:
- The Wildcat Sanctuary
- The Raptor Center and Wildlife Rehabilitiation Center of Minneapolis
- Main Street Project (Model Chicken Farm
- Attend panel discussions focused on companion animals, wildlife (and even one session on animals caught between two worlds), farmed animals and grantcraft
- Learn about issues facing birds of all types, both in the region and around the world
- Hear about paradigm shifts in public animal control taking place across the country
- Deepen your understanding of the root causes of a lack of access to pet resources in indigenous communities
- Hear about advancements in treatment for both common and unusual disease outbreaks in companion animal shelters and wildlife rehabilitation centers
- Stay at the historic Renaissance Minneapolis Hotel, The Depot. Be sure to reserve your room at the special Animal Grantmakers rate by September 20, 2019.
The conference will conclue with a special field trip to Animal Humane Society (its Golden Valley, MN location).
Sunday, October 20 from 9:00 AM
to Wednesday, October 23 at 4:00 PM
Where225 3rd Avenue South
Minneapolis, MN 55401