Accurate Census data is essential for the fair distribution of political representation at the national, state, and local level, and for the equitable allocation of government resources for funding for our local communities.
Explore ways in which the philanthropic sector can leverage resources to ensure the most accurate census information, so the voices of undercounted groups and regions are heard in the decades to come.
Panelists will provide concrete examples and resources to get involved now.
- Jocelyn Bissonnet, Director, Funders Census Initiative, Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation
- Gary Bass, Executive Director, Bauman Foundation
- 8:30 – Welcome and Introductions
- 8:40 – 9:00 – Census Overview
- 9:00 – 10:00 – Panel Discussion
- 10:00 – 10:30 – Opportunities for Action and Funder Strategy Priorities
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Q&A and peer-to-peer discussions
Melissa Micek (302) 333-8004 via phone or Melissa@PhilanthropyDelaware.org via e-mail.
Friday, July 19
8:30 AM to 11:00 AM
Where100 W 10th St