Chequama-Care COVID-19 Response Fund Fund
About This Fund
Chequama-Care COVID-19 Response Fund - be located in or provide service to residents of the Town of La Pointe, Red Cliff Reservation, Town of Russell, City of Bayfield, Town of Bayfield, and the boundaries of the Washburn School District and Ashland School District including Odanah, the central community of the Bad River Reservation.
The Chequama-Care Fund focuses on the following priorities:
• Providing emergency essentials of food, housing, medical care, safety, transportation, and income assistance for individuals and families.
• One-time operating support for organizations experiencing increased demand for services, diminishing volunteer support, and those serving vulnerable populations, including children, the elderly, people with physical and mental disabilities, and people experiencing homelessness, joblessness, or with low incomes
• Addressing the needs of staff of nonprofit organizations impacted by reduced or lost employment or benefits, as well as program providers such as contractors and volunteers.
• Supporting adaptions necessary to continue organizational functioning; including protective equipment for staff and volunteers and technology upgrades.
• Developing community wellbeing for coping and healing; including youth development, mental health services, and activities focused on the arts, culture, and the great outdoors.
About The Host Organization
The Duluth Superior Area Community Foundation was established in 1983 by visionary community leaders. We are a collection of hundreds of endowed funds established by individuals, families, private foundations, and businesses to enhance the quality of life in our region. Since our inception, we have distributed more than $60 million in grants and scholarships and currently administer over 430 different funds, each with its own charitable purpose.