Tippecanoe County COVID-19 Response Fund Fund
About This Fund
United Way of Greater Lafayette, The Community Foundation of Greater Lafayette, and Greater Lafayette Commerce announce a joint effort to bring relief to the area’s most vulnerable individuals and families as well as funded partner agencies as our community begins to experience the short-term and long-term impacts of the coronavirus outbreak.
With your support, United Way and our partners plan to provide aid to those who may have the most difficult time recovering from financial setbacks such as seniors, children and low-income families. The fund will be used for a multitude of efforts to help with recovery, including:
1. Food distribution to students affected by school closures and other food insecure populations that are isolated or lack access
2. Rent, utility, and prescription medication assistance for those displaced by employment interruption
3. Access to childcare for families effected by closures especially for essential medical and emergency response staff
4. Services and shelter for people experiencing homelessness who lack the resources to stay safe and receive medical treatment
5. Access to mental health and substance use services during a time when isolation can significantly impact progress
About The Host Organization
United Way advances the common good in communities across the world. Our focus is on education, income and health—the building blocks for a good quality of life. We all have a stake in what befalls our fellow man. We all benefit when a child succeeds in school, when someone finds a job that will help them provide for their family, or when more people are able to access quality, affordable health care.