COVID Crisis Fund for Feminist Activists Fund
About This Fund
To meet this moment, UAF is announcing the launch of our “COVID Crisis Fund For Feminist Activists.” This fund was created in response to a growing number of grant requests we have been receiving from frontline activists for support during this global health crisis. Your donation to the COVID Crisis Fund for Feminist Activists goes directly to supporting activists working amid this global pandemic safeguarding the rights of women, girls, trans and LQBTQI+. In a time when it is needed the most your gift can help build activists capacity to respond in their communities.
The COVID Crisis Fund for Feminist Activists prioritizes activities related to COVID-19 community responses including:
1. Wellness/healing/community care/trauma-related work
2. Access for digital spaces and remote work/gatherings (ie. VPNs or other digital security tools)
3. Feminist and intersectional public health responses to COVID-19
4. Online advocacy campaigns
5. COVID-19 awareness campaigns for communities without internet access
6. Responses to Anti-Asian xenophobia and violence
7. Documentation of human rights abuses as a result of COVID-19
8. Services based work that now needs to be done online (ie. mental health services, counseling services, emergency kits), with a priority given to services for women, LBTIQ communities and their families
9. Supporting the disability community and those with heightened/underlying health risks
About The Host Organization
Urgent Action Fund for Women’s Human Rights is a feminist fund that protects, strengthens and sustains women and transgender human rights defenders at critical moments. We intervene quickly when activists are poised to make great gains or face serious threats to their lives and work. We use online, text and mobile funding applications to respond to requests from women’s human rights defenders within 72 hours and have funds on the ground within 1-7 days.