Giving Compass' Take:
- Alfonso T. Wenker and Trina C. Olson, co-leaders of the consultancy Team Dynamics, share best practices to improve nonprofit hiring.
- How can nonprofit organizations embed equity in talent development?
- Read more about diverse leaders in nonprofit pipelines.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
In this episode, you’ll gain an understanding of how bias commonly plays out in the hiring process, and how organizations can better recruit and retain a powerful, diverse workforce that expands opportunity across lines of race and gender.
Our guests are Alfonso T. Wenker and Trina C. Olson, co-leaders of the consultancy Team Dynamics and co-authors of the Hiring Revolution: A Guide to Disrupt Racism + Sexism in Hiring. In this conversation, they share powerful, practical approaches to the hiring process – from preparation through salary negotiation. They also share a plethora of resources that they make available at no cost to the field. Listeners gain ideas for interrupting bias and embedding equity in employment processes, including:
- Preparation for hiring
- Recruitment and search
- The hiring process itself
- Paying, supporting, and managing employees in today’s nonprofit environment
Alfonso and Trina bring extensive experience in nonprofits and philanthropy. Through their work at Team Dynamics, they’ve gained deep knowledge of how organizations and companies can address diversity and equity in the recruitment, hiring, and retention processes.
Read the full article about nonprofit hiring at Fund the People.