Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are 15 insights for nonprofit organizations to strategically and successfully pivot their online events and embrace the digital world.
- How can donors support nonprofits in their online needs?
- Read how you can help nonprofits during COVID-19.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Hosting an event is a great way for nonprofit organizations to increase people’s awareness of their mission and bring in necessary funds to contribute to that mission. However, Covid-related restrictions in some areas continue to limit the scope or size of in-person events.
Fortunately, you don’t have to call off events entirely—many nonprofits have seen great success in moving their events online. To help you take your event into the digital realm, we asked the members of Forbes Nonprofit Council for their insights. Their best answers are below.
- Keep Your Audience In Mind
- Consider The Participant Experience
- Leverage Local Community Partners
- Have A Plan To Keep People Engaged
- Encourage Audience Participation
- Keep The Event Short
- Have An Outreach And Promotion Plan
- Ask For Help From Experts
- Know What Your Audience Needs
- Make It Varied And Fast-Paced
- Buy Into The Enthusiasm For Your Event
- Be Realistic
- Plan Out Elements Of Your Event Goals
- Get Advice From Others Who Have Done It
- Don't Plan It Like A Live Event
Read the full article about moving nonprofits into digital world at Forbes.