During this difficult time when our students, families, educators and communities are struggling with the effects of COVID-19, we must come together to provide support. AFT members are on the frontlines, working around the clock to help educators, healthcare workers, students, families and communities, providing them with what they need to continue their day-to-day lives and to stay safe.
All funds donated to AFTEF will be pushed back out to the field to support evolving needs such as:
• Soap and hand sanitizer;
• Personal protective equipment (for healthcare workers);
• Printers for teachers who are now having to work from home;
• Hotspots and other technology needs;
• Books, from First Book, for students to read at home;
• School supplies for students and families;
• Meals for students in the absence of school breakfasts and lunches; and
• Financial relief for college students.
The American Federation of Teachers is a union of professionals that champions fairness; democracy; economic opportunity; and high-quality public education, healthcare and public services for our students, their families and our communities. We are committed to advancing these principles through community engagement, organizing, collective bargaining and political activism, and especially through the work our members do.
We are a nonprofit too. Donate to Giving Compass to help us guide donors toward practices that advance equity.
Copyright © 2023, Giving Compass Network•