To meet the urgent unmet needs of grandfamilies, Generations United created the Grandfamilies COVID-19 Response Fund to receive and disseminate funds to local nonprofit service providers to directly support grandfamilies.
Listening to our national network of grandfamilies and advocates, we identified that support for caregivers and children could include, but not be limited to, cash, gift cards or concrete goods to the families or payments made on their behalf for assistance in the following areas:
• Housing – mortgage payments; rent payments; other housing costs, including utilities and propane;
• Food and nutrition;
• Technology hardware, phones, data, minutes, and access to the internet in order to ensure behavioral health, educational and other service needs are met;
• Books, games, educational toys/activities, art supplies, other items to help keep children engaged throughout the day;
• Transportation – vehicle repairs; gas; public transportation vouchers;
• Legal expenses and court fees concerning the care of the children;
• Health and hygiene supplies, including diapers; and,
• Other assistance needed by the caregivers and/or children in the families.
Generations United works to create a country where all generations are valued, respected and supported. We work to create a country where public policy and programs connect generations instead of separate or isolate them; and where the oldest and youngest members of our society work together to achieve transformational change.
Minimum Investment: $50
We are a nonprofit too. Donate to Giving Compass to help us guide donors toward practices that advance equity.
Copyright © 2023, Giving Compass Network•