Fund

Latino Equity Fund

About This Fund

The Latino Equity Fund, a unique partnership of local Latino philanthropists and leaders, the Boston Foundation and Hispanics in Philanthropy, is the first Latino-focused fund in the Greater Boston area. Our mission is to grow and maintain a permanent endowment to strengthen the diverse Latino community of Greater Boston and contribute to the region’s civic vitality by supporting issues and organizations that advance the socio-economic status of Latinos—while enhancing the leadership capacity of the entire Latino community.

Working with partners, including individuals, businesses, nonprofits and government leaders, the Latino Equity Fund will support programs that help Latinos realize their full potential.

About The Host Organization

The Boston Foundation (TBF), founded in 1915, is a community foundation serving the Boston area with over $1 billion in assets under management. It provides advice, investment vehicles, and back-office expertise to facilitate and inspire philanthropy. TBF is unique among community foundations in that in 2012, it merged with The Philanthropic Initiative (TPI), a nonprofit donor advisory firm. TPI operates as a distinct operating unit within the foundation and provides customized philanthropic consulting services. TBF engages in discretionary grantmaking through resources from their endowment fund, The Permanent Fund for Boston. In 2016, grantmaking from the Permanent Fund totaled to $16 million and accounted for 18% of the Foundation’s overall giving. The remaining 82% of the Foundation’s overall giving, or approximately $73 million, is through DAFs and approximately 30 "co-investment opportunities" established and pre-vetted by TBF staff and donors.

Host Organization

The Boston Foundation

The Boston Foundation logo

Give to this Fund

  • Employer Identification Number. Use this to document your donations at tax time or to research a nonprofit.
  • tbf.org/
  • Location: Boston, MA, United States
  • Category: North America, Race and Ethnicity
Follow Us
Newsletter

Become a newsletter subscriber to stay up-to-date on the latest Giving Compass news.

About Us
About Giving Compass In The News Content at Giving Compass
Giving Compass Network
Giving Compass X4Impact
Partnerships & Services
Nonprofits Authors Partner With Us Contact Us

We are a nonprofit too. Donate to Giving Compass to help us guide donors toward practices that advance equity.

mdi-tag-heart Donate to Giving Compass
Trending Issues
Climate Democracy Education Homelessness Reproductive Justice

Copyright © 2023, Giving Compass Network

A 501(c)(3) organization. EIN: 85-1311683

Privacy Policy User Agreement