The intentional inclusion of diverse perspectives leads to better decision making, more equitable outcomes, and a greater philanthropic impact. That is why we are committed to cultivating a culture that advances diversity, equity and inclusion within our organization and among our community.
It isn’t enough to just talk about embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion practices; change requires action. We are a small staff and board, and together we are taking steps to educate ourselves individually and collectively on issues of equity, while also implementing policies to build a culture that advances diversity, equity, and inclusion within our organization and our community. These initiatives include:
- Organizing staff and board trainings on racial equity in partnership with: Borealis Philanthropy, ABFE, Service Never Sleeps, and others.
- Engaging a diverse group of speakers to share their expertise at conferences and programs
- Creating definitions of “diversity, equity, and inclusion”
- Participating in the Racial Equity in Philanthropy (REP) Fund cohort
- Refining internal policies, hiring practices and position postings
- Reviewing and refining our brand guide to ensure it is consistent with our strategic plan and is reflective of our inclusive values
- Developing conferences, programs and resources that encourage lean funders to evaluate their impact with an equity lens
- Sharing best practices in our community through member stories
Read the full article about DEI at Exponent Philanthropy.