Find 25 Gifts for Him, Gifts for Her, Gifts for the Kids, Gifts for the Family & Gifts for Friends
SEATTLE, WA, December 4, 2017 – Giving Compass, the first of its kind online portal aggregating information to encourage impact giving, announces the release of its first Feel-Good Gift Guide: 25 Gifts with Impact, featuring a variety of guilt-free shopping items for everyone on your list.
"From cozy hoodies made from recycled fabrics to charity scratch-and-win lottery tickets, the Giving Compass Feel-Good Gift Guide has something for everyone looking to make an impact during the holiday shopping season” said Jen Jope, Senior Digital Editor, Giving Compass. “The best gift of all? These products are helping to make the world a better place."
The mission of Giving Compass is to aggregate the world’s information to make it easier to give well. One of the best parts of giving is the joy it brings to both the giver and the recipient, from large-scale philanthropic grants to small personal gifts. During this holiday season, Giving Compass is focusing on the joy of giving with impact.
“Last year, Americans spent over $1 trillion during the holiday season. And sixty percent of all online sales during Cyber weekend went to just 10 giant retailers--none of which have a social mission,” says Cullen Schwarz, cofounder of DoneGood, an online utility that vets retailers based on altruistic measures. “If even a small fraction of that money can be shifted to brands that are reducing poverty, fighting climate change, and otherwise making the world better, the impact is enormous.”
Giving Compass members received an exclusive early first look at the Feel-Good Gift Guide on December 1st along with 5 additional socially-conscious gift ideas as bonus suggestions from companies like Rothy’s, Glassybaby, and Theo Chocolates. Here is a sampling of featured items selected by the Giving Compass editorial staff in conjunction with DoneGood this holiday season:
- For Him: Conscious Step dress socks, providing 18 months of safe water for one person in the developing world, thanks to a partnership with Water.org.
- For Her: The Brave Collection Compass Chain Necklace, handmade in Cambodia by a fair trade local artisan with proceeds benefitting the fight to end human trafficking.
- For the Kids: Love Your Melon adorable knit beanie, where proceeds benefit children’s cancer charities.
- For the Family: Solar Stove from One Earth Designs, harnessing the power of the sun to heat up food five times faster.
- For Friends: MIO Culture “Wobowl SoftBowls” made out of 100% molded wool by one of the last millineries in the United States with sustainable materials and ethical design.
For the complete listing of 25 Gifts with Impact, check out the Feel-Good Gift Guide on Giving Compass.
Giving Compass was born through a catalytic grant from the Raikes Foundation, founded by Jeff and Tricia Raikes.
About Giving Compass
Headquartered in Seattle, WA, Giving Compass is a nonprofit portal organizing the world’s information to make it easier to give well. Giving Compass guides donors who want to give with intention and impact on a journey to learn, connect with others, and take action to drive meaningful change in communities and the world. Learn more at givingcompass.org.
Shelly Kurtz, CMO, Giving Compass