Giving Compass’ Take:
· Writing for Americans for the Arts, Randy Cohen provides a list of reasons why we should support the arts in 2019 and how this support, in turn, helps the community.
· How does arts funding play a role in your overall giving strategy?
The arts advocacy season is upon us once again. It’s time to meet with your legislators to help them understand the value of investing in the arts. How to prepare? Start with this list of “10 Reasons to Support the Arts.”
The arts are fundamental to our humanity. They ennoble and inspire us—fostering creativity, goodness, and beauty. The arts bring us joy, help us express our values, and build bridges between cultures. The arts are also a fundamental component of a healthy community—strengthening them socially, educationally, and economically—benefits that persist even in difficult social and economic times.
- Arts improve individual well-being.
- Arts unify communities.
- Arts improve academic performance.
- Arts strengthen the economy.
- Arts drive tourism and revenue to local businesses.
- Arts spark creativity and innovation.
- Arts drive the creative industries.
- Arts have social impact.
- Arts improve healthcare.
- Arts for the health and well-being of our military.
Read the full article about supporting the arts by Randy Cohen at Americans for the Arts.
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Philanthropy, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Philanthropy.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Arts and Culture, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
Arts and Culture is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Arts and Culture.