Giving Compass’ Take:
• Basil Sadiq shares four valuable ways to maximize charitable impact. These include taking part in Giving Days/events, following nonprofits on social media, volunteering regularly, and diversifying donations.
• Which of the four suggestions can you adopt into your own habits?
• Learn about how organizations can increase their charitable impact by clarifying their charitable mission statements.
The interesting thing about do-gooders, is you often think, “what more can I be doing?” Maybe you want to take that good deed and expand upon it but aren’t sure where to start.
Let’s face it, starting is usually the hardest part. So, we’d like to offer some ideas of how you can make the most of your charitable giving.
- Take Part In Giving Days And Events: One way to ensure your contribution makes a big impact is to participate in donation campaigns and events during key times of year. For example, your donation on Giving Tuesday in November might come along with extra incentives or matches.
- Tune In On Social Media: Follow your favorite nonprofits on social media to not only bring joy and interest to your feeds, but to benefit the nonprofits you love. More and more, nonprofits are using social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to share stories, updates, build awareness, and to communicate with followers.
- Volunteer On A Regular Basis: Volunteering is a fairly popular activity in the US. In fact, in 2015, The National Council of Nonprofit reported that about a quarter of the US population participated in volunteer activities, and the statistics haven’t changed much since then.
- Diversify Your Donations: In today’s digital world, there are more ways than ever to support the causes you care about, and nonprofits are always looking for ways to help you maximize the impact of your gift.
- Talk to your employer about matching gift programs
- Plan a Facebook fundraiser in honor of your birthday
- Set up recurring monthly donations
- Participate in fundraising events for charity
- Take advantage of annual days of giving and matching opportunities
Read the full article about maximizing charitable impact by Basil Sadiq at Good Deeds Day.
Since you are interested in Philanthropy, have you read these selections from Giving Compass related to impact giving and Philanthropy?
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Philanthropy, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to Philanthropy, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.