Giving Compass’ Take:
• Alexandra Colvin, writing for Medium, offers six ways to engage employees in charitable giving year-round, by developing programs that foster consistent participation.
• How can donors help companies maintain CSR and philanthropic programming year-round?
• Read more about how to make philanthropy part of your business year round.
Companies are becoming more and more focused on philanthropic efforts, due to the many benefits of a strong CSR program, but how do they keep the interest and participation high after the holidays? Whether you’re starting a new CSR initiative or simply trying to improve upon the previous year’s efforts, the holidays are the best time to encourage giving for the year ahead.
Corporate giving and employee giving programs are great ways to enhance a company’s visibility while creating a reputation for doing good. Creating a culture of giving is also a wonderful way to foster an engaging and productive work environment. In fact, 88% of millennials say their job is more fulfilling when they are provided opportunities to make a positive impact on social and environmental issue.
- Continue to remind and encourage employees to give once holidays are over.
- Keep the momentum going through open communication about CSR programs via email, newsletter, and staff meetings.
- Gain feedback from employees to create, modify or enhance a year-round giving program.
- Make creative initiatives that will entice employees to participate.
- Use specific causes to further engage employees in campaigns that matter to them (breast cancer awareness month, etc).
- Involve employees in a meaningful way through team volunteer outings
Read the full article on employee giving by Alexandra Colvin at Medium
Since you are interested in Nonprofit Sector, have you read these selections from Giving Compass related to impact giving and Nonprofit Sector?
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Corp Giving and CSR, please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Corp Giving and CSR, check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Corp Giving and CSR.