Giving Compass’ Take:
• Alexandra Colvin, writing for Medium, offers six ways to engage employees in charitable giving year-round, by developing programs that foster consistent participation.
• How can donors help companies maintain CSR and philanthropic programming year-round?
• Read more about how to make philanthropy part of your business year round.
Companies are becoming more and more focused on philanthropic efforts, due to the many benefits of a strong CSR program, but how do they keep the interest and participation high after the holidays? Whether you’re starting a new CSR initiative or simply trying to improve upon the previous year’s efforts, the holidays are the best time to encourage giving for the year ahead.
Corporate giving and employee giving programs are great ways to enhance a company’s visibility while creating a reputation for doing good. Creating a culture of giving is also a wonderful way to foster an engaging and productive work environment. In fact, 88% of millennials say their job is more fulfilling when they are provided opportunities to make a positive impact on social and environmental issue.
- Continue to remind and encourage employees to give once holidays are over.
- Keep the momentum going through open communication about CSR programs via email, newsletter, and staff meetings.
- Gain feedback from employees to create, modify or enhance a year-round giving program.
- Make creative initiatives that will entice employees to participate.
- Use specific causes to further engage employees in campaigns that matter to them (breast cancer awareness month, etc).
- Involve employees in a meaningful way through team volunteer outings
Read the full article on employee giving by Alexandra Colvin at Medium
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Nonprofit Sector, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Nonprofit Sector.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning with others and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Corp Giving and CSR, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities to connect with individuals like you.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Corp Giving and CSR take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.