Giving Compass’ Take:
• This Upstart Co-Lab post examines how impact investors can expand their portfolios in the creative industry, whether it’s eco-friendly fashion brands or sustainable design incubators.
• In this field, it’s essential we look at supply chains and how we can support Indigenous people around the globe making a living through artistic endeavors.
Impact investing — investing in companies, real estate and funds with the intention to generate social and environmental impact alongside a financial return — is a fast-developing area of interest for investors and philanthropists.
But while the range of impact investing opportunities has increased substantially in recent years, the field has yet to focus on the creative economy in a significant, targeted way. The Global Impact Investing Network’s (GIIN) 2015 Annual Impact Investor Survey reported that Arts and Culture accounted for less than 1% of the $60 billion worth of impact assets under management by its global members.
Three reasons for impact investors to embrace a Creativity Lens:
- More prospective investment opportunities and portfolio diversification
- More ways to get social impact
- Build a sustainable creative economy now; no need to fix it later
With a pipeline of more than $1.5 billion in opportunities over the next five years, impact investing through a Creativity Lens is doable. The time to do it is now.
Read the full article about impact investing in creativity from Upstart Co-Lab.
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on Impact Philanthropy take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in Climate is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to Climate.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Climate take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.