Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are five positive wins to celebrate during the global COVID-19 vaccine rollout.
- Global cooperation and collaboration during the vaccine rollout will effectively vaccinate and protect vulnerable populations during the pandemic.
- Read about the role of pharmacies in COVID-19 vaccine planning.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
The world has a long way to go before it will see an end to the COVID-19 pandemic, but there are still small victories we can celebrate along the way.
The Oxford University-based publication Our World in Data is reporting a rise in cases globally, a result of governments easing pandemic restrictions and more contagious variants becoming dominant in many parts of the world. It’s important to remember the necessity of social distancing and wearing a mask indoors, even as agencies like the United States’ Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) outline the activities fully vaccinated people can do.
But as of right now, we are witnessing the largest vaccination campaign in history. More than 781 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccine have been administered across 154 countries, according to Bloomberg. Individuals and public health centers are organizing to ensure safety during the pandemic, such as by using any means necessary to get vaccines to remote areas of the world and translating life-saving information about the coronavirus into languages accessible to everybody.
As we continue our fight to expand access to COVID-19 vaccines to everyone, everywhere, here are five wins to celebrate during the global vaccine rollout.
- Seychelles has vaccinated 66% of its total population.
- Bhutan vaccinated 85% of adults in one week.
- All 50 states in the US have announced plans to expand vaccine eligibility to ages 16 and up.
- India became the “fastest country in the world” to administer more than 100 million doses of the COVID-19 vaccines.
- 100 countries have received COVID-19 vaccines through COVAX.
Read the full article about wins during vaccine rollout by Jaxx Artz at Global Citizen.