Giving Compass’ Take:
• This Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors post from 2017 gives us a general overview on how to assess impact as the year winds down.
• How can we do better next year when it comes to the effectiveness of our giving? Are we using the right tools to measure success and learn from failures?
• Looking for great orgs to support? Check out this 2019 High Impact Giving Guide.
Donors are wrapping up their year-end giving plans and turning their sights towards the new year. But before embarking on a new giving journey, it’s important to take a look back and assess the impact of your giving strategies. This kind of reflection can help provide essential information moving forward — what worked, what didn’t, and what changes should be made?
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Impact Philanthropy, take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Impact Philanthropy.
Measuring program effectiveness in five comprehensive steps:
- Set expectations for what you want your assessment to accomplish.
- Determine which approach is the best fit.
- Decide on a level of assessment that is appropriate for the status of the project.
- Understand challenges in assessing impact.
- Build partnerships. As the classic adage suggests, we go farther when we go together.
With a strategic assessment plan, donors can feel more equipped to create effective programs.
Read the full article about impact assessment from Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are looking for opportunities to learn and connect with others interested in the topic of Impact Philanthropy, take a look at these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Impact Philanthropy take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.