Giving Compass’ Take:
• This Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors post from 2017 gives us a general overview on how to assess impact as the year winds down.
• How can we do better next year when it comes to the effectiveness of our giving? Are we using the right tools to measure success and learn from failures?
• Looking for great orgs to support? Check out this 2019 High Impact Giving Guide.
Donors are wrapping up their year-end giving plans and turning their sights towards the new year. But before embarking on a new giving journey, it’s important to take a look back and assess the impact of your giving strategies. This kind of reflection can help provide essential information moving forward — what worked, what didn’t, and what changes should be made?
Interested in learning more about Impact Philanthropy? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to Impact Philanthropy.
Measuring program effectiveness in five comprehensive steps:
- Set expectations for what you want your assessment to accomplish.
- Determine which approach is the best fit.
- Decide on a level of assessment that is appropriate for the status of the project.
- Understand challenges in assessing impact.
- Build partnerships. As the classic adage suggests, we go farther when we go together.
With a strategic assessment plan, donors can feel more equipped to create effective programs.
Read the full article about impact assessment from Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in Impact Philanthropy is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to Impact Philanthropy.
Are you ready to give?
Impact Philanthropy is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Impact Philanthropy.