Giving Compass’ Take:
• This Wealth Management article describes five trends in the impact investing sector, from millennials driving demand to a growing “all-in” movement. What should financial advisors and clients know?
• The main takeaway is that the field is growing at a rapid rate, but that one can get up to speed quickly with enough research into several of these “entry points.”
Impact investing is one of the hottest topics on advisors’ radar screens, with studies showing expanding interest among key client groups, rapid growth in assets under management and widespread adoption among investors seeking to align their portfolios with their personal values.
Impact Investing is a complex topic, and others found these selections from the Impact Giving archive from Giving Compass to be good resources.
"It's not an either/or question when it comes to impact investing. It's yes/and," says Matthew Weatherly-White, managing director of The Caprock Group. "For many advisors, charitable dollars provide the ideal 'jump-in' point."
- Philanthropy and Impact Investing Are Becoming Intertwined: From the Ford Foundation to Omidyar Network to impact-oriented donor-advised funds, philanthropy is rapidly adopting impact investing as a tool to double the power of giving.
- A Growing “All-In” Movement: Increasingly, impact-oriented investors are looking to move 100 percent of their investment portfolios to investments that create positive social and environmental impact.
- Women and Millennials Lead the Demand: Across the industry, impact investing is mainstreaming, and advisors see key drivers in two investor groups: women and millennials.
- Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way: Advisors who clearly define their services and cooperate with other intermediaries will be long-term winners as more assets migrate to impact investing.
- Customization and Democratization: For decades, socially responsible funds were looked down upon by many on Wall Street.
Read the full article about impact investing trends to know by Amy Bennett on Wealth Management.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Impact Investing is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Impact Investing.
Are you ready to give?
If you are interested in Impact Investing, please see these relevant Issue Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects where you can get involved.