From participants, here are 20 ways funders and nonprofits can work together, starting today, to be more intentional about building relationships with our mission partners:
- Share mistakes
- Get to know each other like I know my friends
- Engage each other with radical candor
- Be less defensive and open to bigger pictures beyond individual programs
- Take risks
- Be strategic
- Be open to multiyear funding
- Be human-centered in how we design our work
- Connect each other to resources
- Be intentionally educational
- Have open communication
- Be interactive and feedback-friendly
- Adapt to change
- Don’t always be rushed; take time to be relaxed
- Engage for the longer term
- Build on common interests
- Keep each other informed
- Be easy-going
What would you add to this list?
Interested in learning more about K-12 Education? Other readers at Giving Compass found the following articles helpful for impact giving related to K-12 Education.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in K-12 Education is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to K-12 Education.
Are you ready to give?
If you are looking for opportunities to take action and give money to K-12 Education, here are some Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass where you can take immediate action.