Giving Compass’ Take:
• #GivingTuesday explains the ways that individuals can give back through volunteering time, money, talent, voice, and getting involved with your community.
• What are other ways to make an impact on Giving Tuesday? How can corporations make CSR efforts revolve around Giving Tuesday?
• Check out the Giving Compass #GivingTuesday page to learn more.
From helping a neighbor to donating blood to advocating for a cause, there are so many ways to give back on #GivingTuesday. Start thinking now, about how you’re planning to give back on November 27.
- Give Time
- Volunteer. People choose to volunteer for a variety of reasons. For some, it offers the chance to give something back to the community or make a difference to the people around them. For others, it provides an opportunity to develop new skills or build on existing experience and knowledge.
- Give Money
- Donate to a nonprofit or community organization that has impacted your life.
- Help your favorite nonprofit in a more hands-on way and start a fundraiser for them. Never hosted a fundraiser before? It’s as easy as telling a story about why this cause is important to you.
- Payroll giving is a great way to give regular support to the causes you care about.
- Give Your Talent
- Use your skills to help a nonprofit with anything from finance to legal help to marketing. You can search for pro bono opportunities on Taproot+ or reach out to your local nonprofits to see how you can use your talents to good.
- Give Your Voice
- Sign an online petition, call an elected official, or advocate for a cause that matters to you.
- Mobilize your neighbors to look for solutions to your local community issues such as homelessness, gang violence, food deserts, or mental health care.
- Shop for Good
- Raise money for charities when you shop online using platforms like AmazonSmile or ShoppingGives.
- Many nonprofits operate social enterprises to support their missions.
- Help A Neighbor
- Get Involved With Your Community
- Share Your Giving
- Share a #MyGivingStory: Share a story about why you give back and you could win up to $10,000 for your favorite cause.
Read the full article about #GivingTuesday at Giving Tuesday
If you are looking for more articles and resources for Philanthropy (Other), take a look at these Giving Compass selections related to impact giving and Philanthropy (Other).
Looking for a way to get involved?
If you are interested in Philanthropy (Other), please see these relevant events, training, conferences or volunteering opportunities the Giving Compass team recommends.
Are you ready to give?
If you are ready to take action and invest in causes for Philanthropy (Other), check out these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects related to Philanthropy (Other).