What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Here are three actionable steps that you can take to give back during the COVID-19 pandemic and help connect people to resources.
• Are these opportunities accessible in your neighborhood? How can charitable dollars make a difference for small businesses during this time?
• Discover more giving opportunities for COVID-19.
COVID-19 has impacted society in more negative ways than one. And while it’s surely an unfortunate circumstance for our global society, many of us are finding ways to give back to others and lend a helping hand in a time of need. From large companies to local communities, amid the pandemic, people are finding ways to come together while still abiding by social distancing measures.
If you’re looking to build yourself up during a difficult time, by reaching out and helping someone else, here are a few great ways you can give back.
- Offer Support in Finding Resources One of the most unique qualities about the COVID-19 virus is that it impacts many people differently. Experts have found that it affects immunocompromised and other medically high-risk patients much more than it would affect someone who is otherwise, healthy. Age is also a factor, as many senior adults are falling seriously ill with the virus, and children are amongst the least affected.
- Donate Homemade Masks So many people have taken on the task of donating masks to first responders and other front-line workers, as the pandemic has lead to a serious shortage of access to PPE gear.
- Support Small Local Businesses Many small businesses throughout the world are facing serious hardships as mandated shutdowns of non-essential businesses have been in effect for several months.
Read the full article about give back during COVID-19 by Nikolas Velikopoljski at Medium.