Giving Compass’ Take:
• Talia Milgrom-Elcott, writing for Forbes, discusses four predictions for STEM and education in 2020, ranging from teacher diversity to climate change education.
• Milgrom-Elcott says that the “t” for technology in STEM will gain more prominence in education. How can funders help pivot schools toward more tech in the classroom? Are there issues of access when it comes to education technology?
• Read about how donors can support STEM education.
If 2018 was the year that teachers walked out, scientists and teachers ran for office in unprecedented numbers, and the news was filled with a steady stream of reports on the value of a STEM degree, and 2019 was the year that the public’s respect for teachers grew, walkouts waned, education was increasingly defined by its relationship to the (STEM) workforce, and more schools started to integrate soft skills because of a growing focus on the whole child, what does 2020 have in store for us?
This week, my organization, 100Kin10, will release its annual Trends Report, a synthesis of thousands of data points that predict trends and “look-aheads” that will define STEM and education in 2020. Here’s the exclusive sneak peek:
- Teacher Diversity: Supporting Students (Especially Students of Color) by Recruiting and Supporting Teachers of Color
- The T in STEM Gains Prominence: Technology Proficiency as a Core Life Skill
- Computer Science Is Hot but There’s a Lag in Teacher Supply
- Climate Change Is This Generation’s Moonshot
Read the full article about STEM and education in 2020 by Talia Milgrom-Elcott at Forbes.
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on STEM take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
Looking for a way to get involved?
Education is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Education.
Are you ready to give?
Education is an important topic. Other members found these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations and Projects aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant to individuals with a passion for Education.