Giving Compass’ Take:
• Dhaval Jadav, writing for Medium, discusses how to maintain and stick with philanthropic New Year’s Resolutions.
• Why is it crucial to set charitable giving goals?
In general, many people set resolutions for self-improvement, with the goal of being happier and healthier twelve months later. However, not everyone will spend the New Year’s resolution to focus on themselves; some people want to use the fresh start as a chance to improve the lives of others. If you want to create a philanthropic resolution to stick to, try following these tips.
- Make Your Goals Realistic and Detailed As with any goal or challenge, the most doable New Year’s resolutions are the ones that are specific and, above all, achievable.
- Volunteer Alongside Others Accountability is a major factor in helping individuals achieve goals. Working in groups incentivizes individual achievers to actually achieve. Statistics have proven that even just verbally communicating your deadline can be incentive enough: “if you have a specific accountability appointment with a person you’ve committed, you will increase your chance of success by up to 95%.”
- Read and Learn About Philanthropy Subscribe to YouTube channels centered around giving back. Sign up for newsletters about volunteer opportunities. Follow users on Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media sites whose lives involve a certain level of philanthropic giving.
- Incorporate Other Related Goals Perhaps one of your potential New Year’s resolutions is to be more social. What better way to grow your social circle than by meeting and working alongside fellow volunteers?
Read the full article about philanthropic New Year’s Resolutions by Dhaval Jadav at Medium.
Since you are interested in Philanthropy, have you read these selections from Giving Compass related to impact giving and Philanthropy?
Looking for a way to get involved?
Learning Networks and Organizations is a fascinating topic, and others found these events, galas, conferences and volunteering opportunities aggregated by Giving Compass to be relevant for individuals with a passion for Learning Networks and Organizations.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for Learning Networks and Organizations take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.