Giving Compass’ Take:
• Janna Anderson, Lee Rainie, and Alex Luchsinger summarize the thoughts of experts who were asked their opinions of the potential future of humans and AI.
• How can funders work to ensure that AI is beneficial to society in an equitable way?
• Learn about the dangers of AI bias.
What will human-technology co-evolution look like by 2030? Participants in this canvassing expect the rate of change to fall in a range anywhere from incremental to extremely impactful. Generally, they expect AI to continue to be targeted toward efficiencies in workplaces and other activities, and they say it is likely to be embedded in most human endeavors.
This section begins with experts sharing mostly positive expectations for the evolution of humans and AI. It is followed by separate sections that include their thoughts about the potential for AI-human partnerships and quality of life in 2030, as well as the future of jobs, health care and education.
- AI will be integrated into most aspects of life, producing new efficiencies and enhancing human capacities
- AI will optimize and augment people’s lives
- The future of health care: Great expectations for many lives saved, extended and improved, mixed with worries about data abuses and a divide between ‘the haves and have-nots’
- The future of education: High hopes for advances in adaptive and individualized learning, but some doubt that there will be any significant progress and worry over digital divide
Read the full article about the future of humans and AI by Janna Anderson, Lee Rainie, and Alex Luchsinger at Pew Research Center.
Learning and benchmarking are key steps towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact on North America take a look at these selections from Giving Compass.
Looking for a way to get involved?
A good way to complement your interest in North America is to connect with others. Check out these events, galas, conferences or volunteering opportunities related to North America.
Are you ready to give?
In addition to learning and connecting with others, taking action is a key step towards becoming an impact giver. If you are interested in giving with impact for North America take a look at these Giving Funds, Charitable Organizations or Projects.