What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Food Tank is highlighting 18 events hitting SXSW this year that are amplifying creative leaders in food, agriculture, health, and sustainability.
• What will these SXSW conferences unlock about the future of our food system?
• To find out about the 26 can’t-miss conferences for 2019, click here.
Food Tank is traveling to Austin, TX to attend South by Southwest (SXSW) 2019—a conference featuring sessions, showcases, screenings, and exhibitions celebrating creative solutions to the world’s problems. On March 13, 2019 Food Tank will host the session Cultivating the Next Generation of Food Leaders. Gathering food activists, entrepreneurs, farmers, and teachers, the session will talk about the role young people in creating a stronger, healthier, and just food system.
- Refresh: Food + Tech at SXSW. The Refresh Working Group, Google, and Swell Creative Group present a day of food activations, discussions, and cooking demonstrations on March 12, 2019.
- Food, Health, Climate Nexus Meet Up. This networking event will gather participants in the Food, Health, Sustainable Cities Tracks to discuss the recently released Eat Lancet Commission report—an examination of global diets and food systems according to health and sustainability targets.
- House of Scandinavia. While House of Scandinavia will feature Scandinavian philosophy, culture, and business for the first week of SXSW, Scandinavian Airlines and Lonely Planet will host A Moveable Feast—From Nordic Gourmet to Lucius Leftovers.
Read the full article and see the list of must-attend events for the Good Food Movement at SXSW this year by Katherine Walla at Food Tank