What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Keeping abreast of trends in crucial for philanthropic efforts looking to grow and maintain support.
• How can organizations you support do more to align with and capitalize on these trends? Are they leading in these and other fields, or lagging?
• Find out what Giving Compass sees on the horizon for philanthropy in 2018.
Trends come and go, and in charitable organizations, it is no different. While philanthropy is a pretty steady market without much change — the you-give-and-someone-receives model is very standard — there are constant improvements within the industry that make giving to charity a better experience for all involved. There are a few new trends that all philanthropists should look out for in 2018. Here, we’ll discuss those trends and how you can use them for more considerable success in your organization.
- Diversity On The Board: Charities and large foundations alike will be trying to work with a more diverse group of individuals to ensure that all people have proper representation.
- “Rage Giving” Will Continue: Americans have seemingly put forth their best philanthropic foot to go against current policy and demand change. And with social media bringing 24/7 access to movements like this, the attention surrounding hot-button issues won’t die down anytime soon.
- Collaboration Is Key: More groups than ever are beginning to combine their efforts and collaborate to make sure their missions are successful. It’s not only a great thing for those who are being helped — the increased collaboration will help to make each organization stronger and more resourceful.
Read about each of these philanthropic trends by Pepper Rutland at Medium.