What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• About 150,000 tons of food is tossed out in US households each day, and this waste has an environmental and societal impact. Food Tank highlights 5 bloggers with inspiring strategies and ideas to help the food waste epidemic.
• How can we create a sustainable and environmentally friendly food system? What can we learn from the zero food waste movement?
• Learn more about ways to reduce your food waste.
You know the saying, ‘less is more?’ These five environmentally-minded bloggers are of the opinion that ‘zero is more’ as they blaze ahead with the zero food waste movement. With food waste in Australia becoming a bigger issue every day, and the government beginning to invest millions in their 2030 target of halving Australia’s US$14 billion dollar waste bill, more eyes than ever are on new and inventive food waste reducing tactics. Here are five zero food waste bloggers to inspire you on your journey towards sustainable living:
- Lauren Singer, Trash is for Tossers
- Lindsay Miles, Treading My Own Path
- Kathryn Kellogg, Going Zero Waste
- Anne Marie Bonneau, The Zero-Waste Chef
- Celia Ristow, Litterless
Read the full article about these zero food waste bloggers by Emily Leary at Food Tank.