Giving Compass' Take:
- Sixteen Forbes Nonprofit Council members share stories and insight on the importance of entering the nonprofit sector to make an impact.
- How can donors make progress in understanding nonprofit employees and foster better relationships? How does that practice help grow the charitable giving sector?
- Change the way you think about nonprofit work.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Without a true passion and commitment to the work, nonprofit leaders don't last long. A long-term career in the field requires dedication to an organization’s cause and a willingness to keep at it if and when things get tough.
Whether a professional has been in the industry since the start or they’ve transitioned after a career in the for-profit space, there is recognition on all sides of how much this career can change the way a person views their own power and the power of constituents being served. Below, 16 Forbes Nonprofit Council members share stories of what made them join the nonprofit sector and the impactful lessons they have learned along the way.
- Enjoy The Opportunity To Make A Real Impact
- Acknowledge The Power Individuals Have
- Set Shared Goals To Empower Communities
- Focus On Connecting Directly With Those Being Served
- Self-Reflect On Your Desires
- Revisit Your 'Why' Regularly
- Make A Difference Through Collaboration
- Uplift And Recognize The Work Of Your Team
- Listen And Learn From Students
- Be Willing To Take On Creative And Tough Tasks
- Maintain A Purpose And Vision
- Make Time For Self-Care
- Invest In Others
- Aim To Help Those In Need
- Make It Worthwhile For Others To Donate
- View Challenges As Potential Opportunities
Read the full article about nonprofit sector at Forbes.