Giving Compass' Take:
- Experts believe some employee-giving trends will emerge in 2024 and help reshape the corporate giving world.
- How might artificial intelligence affect charitable giving behavior?
- Learn more about leveraging impact for employee giving programs.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
As we kick off 2024, the landscape of corporate philanthropy and employee giving is evolving at an unprecedented pace. Businesses are increasingly recognizing the importance of maximizing profits while contributing positively to society. Employee giving programs have become a cornerstone of this shift, with companies finding innovative ways to engage their workforce and make a difference in their communities. In this article, I will explore the key trends and innovations I expect in employee giving for the year 2024 and how they can reshape the corporate world.
- Tech-Enabled Giving Platforms In 2024, expect to see a surge in tech-enabled giving platforms that make it easier for employees to donate to their favorite causes. These platforms will offer user-friendly interfaces and personalized recommendations, allowing employees to discover charities aligned with their values.
- Data-Driven Philanthropy
I believe data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of employee giving. Companies will use data to identify trends and employee preferences, ensuring their giving programs are as impactful as possible.
- Impact Measurement
Transparency and accountability are crucial in the world of employee giving. In 2024, I predict that more companies will invest in robust impact measurement tools to track and report the outcomes of their philanthropic efforts.
- Skills-Based Volunteering
Employee giving isn't just about monetary donations. It also involves the gift of time and expertise. In 2024, we can expect to see a surge in skills-based volunteering programs.
- Personalized Giving Budgets
I expect that companies will be increasingly providing employees with personalized giving budgets. Instead of a one-size-fits-all approach, employees will be able to allocate their giving funds based on their personal values and interests.
- Collaborative Corporate Partnerships
Another practice I see becoming a key driver in 2024 will be collaboration in employee giving. More companies will team up or create partnerships with philanthropic institutions to tackle social issues collectively.
- Employee-Led Initiatives
Empowering employees to take the lead in philanthropic endeavors will be a trend in 2024. Companies will encourage their workforce to initiate and drive giving programs, fostering a culture of social responsibility from the bottom up.
Read the full article about employee giving trends by Katherine Brady at Forbes.