Giving Compass' Take:
- Exponent Philanthropy and the National Council of Nonprofits held programs with over 200 participants in the philanthropy sector, who discussed ways to build better relationships between funders and nonprofits. Below is the list they brainstormed together.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
From participants, here are 20 ways funders and nonprofits can work together, starting today, to be more intentional about building relationships with our mission partners:
- Share mistakes
- Get to know each other like I know my friends
- Engage each other with radical candor
- Be less defensive and open to bigger pictures beyond individual programs
- Take risks
- Be strategic
- Be open to multiyear funding
- Be human-centered in how we design our work
- Connect each other to resources
- Be intentionally educational
- Have open communication
- Be interactive and feedback-friendly
- Adapt to change
- Don’t always be rushed; take time to be relaxed
- Engage for the longer term
- Build on common interests
- Keep each other informed
- Be easy-going
What would you add to this list?