Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are 13 ways nonprofit organizations can utilize data to optimize operations and become more effective in their missions.
- What can donors do to promote nonprofit data and innovation?
- Learn more on how data can supercharge your nonprofit.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Nonprofits are well aware of the benefits of data. From analyzing communities for existing gaps to communicating regularly with stakeholders, data collection is an essential component of nonprofit strategy development. However, while data is key to driving change, knowing how to best utilize that insight is a skill that comes with both effort and experience.
When used properly, data has the potential to drive efficiency and increase the effectiveness of a nonprofit’s operations. To help leaders learn more about how to effectively leverage data, 13 Forbes Nonprofit Council members share practical ways data can be applied within organizations to optimize operations.
- Apply Insights To Inform Decision Making
- Enhance Current Processes And Procedures
- Predict Trends In Operations
- Provide Transparency To Stakeholders
- Create Feedback Loops
- Provide Needed Support For Staff
- Strengthen Goal-Setting
- Identify Resource Gaps
- Uncover New, Adjacent Areas To Explore
- Tell Balanced Stories
- Provide Further Context
- Prioritize Donor Relationships
- Gain A Deeper Understanding Of Key Stakeholders
Read the full article about strategic nonprofits at Forbes.