Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are several creative examples of how companies can empower employees to create volunteer initiatives that benefit their communities.
- Why is it crucial for businesses to support their surrounding communities? How can CSR initiatives build community development?
- Learn why employee volunteering is more than corporate social responsibility.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
One of the best ways for a workplace to serve its community is to implement employee-driven philanthropic programs. This is done by not only listening to your people but also being led by them.
The most effective corporate giving frameworks offer a holistic suite of programs that empower employees to lend their time (i.e., volunteering), talent (i.e., mentoring, coaching, relationships) and treasure (i.e., financial contributions) where they are most needed in local communities.
Communities have multifaceted needs. A critical step in addressing them is to listen to the lived experiences of those communities. Community- and employee-centric corporate giving programs ensure solutions actually meet their needs, all while giving employees the choice to support the cause that’s most meaningful to them.
- A Donation-Matching Program
- Supporting Volunteerism
- Community-Impact Grants
- Employee-Led Disaster Relief
- Investing In Employees And Their Families
Read the full article about making an impact on communities by C.D. Glin at Forbes.