Giving Compass' Take:
- Here are three ways foundations center communities in their giving -- by focusing on listening and building stronger relationships.
- How can individual donors learn lessons from community development?
- Learn more about centering equity and the community.
What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
On May 9, 2023, RPA hosted a webinar focused on Philanthropy’s Role in Creating a Just World: Centering People and Communities in Your Giving. The conversation highlighted the ways in which three different foundations center impacted communities in their work. Don Chen, Angelique Power, and Crystal Hayling provided insights on:
- The importance of listening to impacted communities in order to drive racial and social progress.
- Relationships between foundation boards, program staff, and communities served.
- The learning and unlearning that is necessary in order to attain lasting impact.
- Calls to action for the philanthropy sector, and more.
Read the full article about centering communities at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors.