What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Giving Compass' Take:
• Jeb Banner, writing for PhilanTopic, provides essential tips for getting board members to champion fundraising efforts for an organization.
• What are the challenges in engaging board members?
• Read more about board leadership and best practices.
Is your board pulling its weight in terms of fundraising? An active, engaged board can be a huge difference-maker for a nonprofit. We choose board members, after all, for their skills, connections, and potential to boost fundraising revenue — and they usually will, as long as we make an effort to encourage them to put those skills and connections to work.
Here are a few tips to help you do that:
- Boost your board's fundraising capacity.
- Get and stay connected.
- Not everyone wants to ask for funds.
- Stewardship improves your bottom line.
- Stock your board with experts.
- Make it easy.
Your board plays — or should play — a critical role in your organization’s fundraising success. If it doesn't, get them engaged and actively working for you now. You’ll see a difference in your organization's capacity to serve its target population almost immediately. Good luck!
Read the full article about having engaged board members by Jeb Banner at PhilanTopic.