What is Giving Compass?
We connect donors to learning resources and ways to support community-led solutions. Learn more about us.
Many community collaborative leaders readily acknowledge that a strong community partnership is needed to thrive, and yet most believe they have much to learn about ways to engage the community. This guide highlights approaches to engagement and shares a number of examples of how collaboratives are effectively engaging their communities.
This is a guide for collaboratives that say “yes” to the following questions:
- Do we aim to effect "needle-moving" change (i.e., 10 percent or more) on a community-wide metric?
- Do we believe that a long-term investment (i.e., three to five-plus years) by stakeholders is necessary to achieve success?
- Do we believe that cross-sector engagement is essential for community-wide change?
- Are we committed to using measurable data to set the agenda and improve over time?
- Are we committed to having community members as partners and producers of impact?